Incense & Smudging

Chinese Medicines

Aromatherapy Oils

Flower Essences

Herbs, Spices & Incense Resins

Healthy Teas

Crystals & Feng Shui

Ayurvedic Products

Teaware & Coffeeware

Parent & Child Care

Traditional Health Products

Sheepish Gift Certificate -- $25

Links & Friends

Site Map

Body of Knowledge, Inc.

[ Home > Hypertension ]

Health Concern: Hypertension


Quick answer: Sheepish has many antihypertensive formulas and teas. The best formula for long-term use is Tian Ma Gou Teng Yin, a Plum Flower Brand herbal formula.

Other Names: High blood pressure

Description: High blood pressure, resulting in greater likelihood of heart attack, kidney failure, and stroke.

Cause: Being overweight, parents with high blood pressure, physical activity, poor diet.

Common sense approach: Prevention is important. It can be done by Increasing physical activity, losing weight, and eating healthy.

Elvis' recommendation: The Tian Ma Gou Teng Yin formula treats hypertension (high blood pressure) and the symptoms associated with it, migraine headache, muscle spasms, shaking/red eyes, blurry vision, dizziness, deafness, ear ringing, anger, irritability, and stiff tongue. Several herbs in the formula have been proven in clinical exams to lower blood pressure.

Rooibos Tea is a delicious tea chalked full of antioxidants. It also benefits mild hypertension, in addition to being good for many other things. Jiao Gu Lan and Panta Tea are good for both hypertension and high cholesterol. For high cholesterol, Vadik Herbs offers a very effective formula, Cholest Control for heart attack prevention.


Taylor, Mark. Chinese Patent Medicines: A Beginner's Guide. Community Printers, Santa Cruz, CA: 1998.

© Body of Knowledge Inc. 2020
Please consult your physician before using herbal supplements. The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products and information provided on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you have a medical condition, consult your physician.